Check out these ideas for using Facebook cover videos on your Facebook page.
Here are some useful tips for creating and uploading your Facebook cover video, or read on to find out about how we can create a fantastic cover video from our extensive video stock library.
According to a recent survey, 60% of consumers watch branded videos on Facebook daily and 64% say that watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision in the last month.
Consumers are watching videos on Facebook, they’re engaging with it, and it’s actually getting them to take action. So why not incorporate more of it into your marketing efforts, right at the top of your Facebook page?
First, you’ll need to create a video to upload as your Facebook cover video. You may have noticed that Facebook cover videos are shorter and wider than typical Facebook videos.
The unique size of Facebook cover videos can make it tough to figure out how to get started. The good news is that you can create a Facebook cover video from a regular-sized landscape video. You’ll just need to keep a few points in mind:
- Facebook cover videos must be between 20 and 90 seconds long. If your video is less than 20 or more than 90 seconds, Facebook won’t allow you to use it as a cover video on your page.
- The video resolution must be 1080p. Trying to upload a video at 720p and can’t? Try exporting a larger version.
- Videos will be cropped to 820 x 462 pixels. For this reason, it’s important to keep any important images and text centralized so they won’t get cut out. The mobile crop is slightly different and will crop less of your video, but once you’ve uploaded it, double-check to make sure it looks okay on mobile. (Note: Facebook’s FAQ lists the cover size as 820 x 456, but we’ve tested and confirmed that videos will be cropped to 820 x 462.)
- Cover videos autoplay on mute. When viewers first see your video, they won’t hear any audio unless they decide to opt in, so be sure your video makes sense with no sound.
- Cover videos loop by default, so you want a smooth transition when your video ends and starts again. You can ease awkward transitions by adding a logo or title.
Currently, cover videos are available only on Facebook pages. You can’t upload cover videos to your regular Facebook profile at this time, but who knows what the future holds?
Upload a Cover Video to Your Facebook Page
Once your video is made, how do you get it on Facebook? It’s easy. You’ll just need to access your Facebook page from your computer rather than your phone, because you can’t currently upload page covers from the mobile app. So hop on a computer, open your web browser, and head over to your Facebook page to get started.
Once you’re on your page, click on Change Cover and choose Upload Photo/Video from the drop-down menu.
A window will pop up where you can navigate to and select the video file you’d like to upload. If you’re having issues uploading your video, troubleshoot by double-checking the list in the previous section to make sure your video is the appropriate resolution and length.
After you reposition your video, click the arrows to view the 10 thumbnail options and choose a thumbnail for your cover video. Most people will be able to see your cover video wherever they’re viewing your page, but some won’t due to low bandwidth or other factors. For this reason, you’ll want to choose a thumbnail from your video to serve as a cover image.
If you don’t want your video to loop, turn off the Automatically Replay Video in a Loop option. When you’re finished, click Publish and your cover video will be set.
If you don’t have any videos or none that are suitable ask us about our extensive stock video library. We can edit together a creative, relevant and eye-catching Facebook cover video for you!
Let us create a Cover Video to Your Facebook Page
Contact us today to find out more.